TAYO Awards: Giving light to the EDSA People Power Spirit
As part of the EDSA People Power commemoration, the Malacañang Palace welcomed the 12th search for the Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations’ new set of highly innovative, creative, and passionate youth organizations. The TAYO 12 awardees joining the roster of exemplary youth organizations are:
- ACCESS-PYLP Alumni Association, Inc. – ZamBaSulTa Chapter
- Indigenous Youth Servant Leaders Association of the Philippines
- Kanlungan Pilipinas Movement Inc.
- Katipunan ng mga Kabataang Santiagueño
- Move this World Philippines Inc.
- Phi Lambda Delta Sorority
- Red Cross Youth and Junior Rescue Team
- Rescue Assistance Peacekeeping Intelligence Detail, Inc.
- University of San Agustin Little Theater
- Youth for Environment in School Organization – Lucena City National High School Ransohan Extension
The special awards, given through the generous support of search sponsors, were also named: Lenovo Most Innovative Project to Order of Asclepius, Smart Youth Innovation Award to Kanlungan Pilipinas Movement, Inc., San Miguel Corporation Special Award to Kwaderno, and Coke Barkada Award to Red Cross Youth and Junior Rescue Team. These special awards signify the unique impact of the organizations to their advocacy.
The annual search is organized by the Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations Awards Foundation, Inc., in partnership with the Office of Senator Bam Aquino and the National Youth Commission, co-presented by the Coca-Coca Foundation Philippines, and with the support of San Miguel Corporation, SMART Communications, Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Lenovo Philippines, SM Cares, Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation, Greenwich Foundation, and Jollibee Group Foundation. The TAYO Awards Foundation Inc. also partnered up with the EDSA People Power Commission in this year’s search.
You may watch the awarding ceremonies here: http://rtvm.gov.ph/main/?page_id=13275.