I am Making a Difference
I am Making a Difference, Inc. (I am MAD, Inc.)
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
I am Making a Difference is a three-day outreach program of I am M.A.D., Inc. that aims to mold young Filipino
students (grades 4 to 6) to be responsible citizens championing love for others, love of the environment, love of
country, love of parents, and love of God. The project is designed to train young students to become catalysts of
change in their respective communities by conducting storytelling, team building activities, games, and obstacle
courses, all advocating the “10 M.A.D. Commitments”, which are the following:
1. I will pray and thank God every day.
2. I will smile and greet people around me.
3. I will eat nutritious food every meal
4. I will share my food to those who doesn’t have.
5. I will throw my garbage in the trashcan.
6. I will play with fairness and sportsmanship.
7. I will return any lost and found items to the authority.
8. I will study my lessons before going to bed.
9. I will hug my parents and tell them how much I love them.
10. I will start making a difference within myself today.
Participants of the program were also given educational scholarship for a year. Since 2009, I am M.A.D. has
reached 21 areas all over the Philippines, which includes: 1) Lamitan, Basilan; 2) Isabela City, Basilan; 3) Zamboaga City; 4) Zamboanga del Sur; 5) Pikit, North Cotabato; 6) Mati City in Davao Oriental; 7) Sibuyan Island, Romblon; 8) Laurel, Batangas; 9) San Fernando, La Union; 10) Bulacan; 11) Tuguegarao City; 12) Kidapawan City; 13) Maitum, Sarangani Province; 14) Capas, Tarlac; 15) Kalinga; 16) Daanbantayan, Cebu; 17) Olanggo Island, Cebu; 18) La
Trinidad, Benguet; 19) City of Manila; 20) Floridablanca, Pampanga; and, 21) Naga City